Sometimes inspiration hits you out of nowhere, like this Cricut Thanksgiving Place Card did. I have been carrying around this cute little turkey in my button bin for 3 years!
Yes, I know that’s ridiculous! I guess I was waiting for just the right project to come along. Marie with The Inspiration Vault asked other crafters to share some Thanksgiving projects, and I knew Tom Turkey would be cute on a Thanksgiving Place Card.
These cooler temperatures really have me thinking about fall. Maybe it’s not just the cooler temps, but also the commercials for pumpkin spice everything and mums everywhere you look.
I really enjoy spring and summer. Fall is OK, but I’m not a big fan like some people.
Supplies Needed For Thanksgiving Place Card
- 5 1/2″ x 4″ Brown Card stock
- 3 1/2″ Turkey from the Create A Critter 2 Cricut Cartridge
- 3 1/2″ x 1 3/4″ Piece of Brown Patterned Paper
- Border Paper Punch
- Gold gel pen, stick on letters, or Cricut Letters for adding name
- Orange, Bronze, and Burgundy Stickles
- E-Z Runner Scrapbook Adhesive
- Foam Dots or Foam Tape
Instructions for Thanksgiving Place Card
- Using the border punch, add a decorative edge to the 4″ side of the card stock.
- Fold the brown card stock in half so the decorative edge is at the bottom.
- Using the Cricut Expression or Cricut Explore, cut the turkey using the Create A Critter 2 Cricut Cartridge, and assemble the pieces.
- Using the E-Z Runner adhesive, attach the patterned paper to the front of the place card.
- Use foam tape to attach the turkey to the left side of the place card.
- Add a name to your Thanksgiving place card. Fortunately, my name is short, so I cut the letters out using the Cricut and the Calligraphy Collection font. If you have a long name, it will be easier to write it in pen.
- To finish the place card, I added Stickles glitter to the turkey.
I hope you’re enjoying the fall weather and finding fun harvest crafts to try. This place card has my mouth watering for turkey, dressing, and pumpkin pie.