Planning a Bridal Shower is a lot of work, but when you like DIY projects, it’s also a lot of fun!
I had completed the Handmade Bridal Shower Invitations and had made a banner using the Cricut. I was starting to think about bridal shower favors that I could make.
Bridal Shower Favors aren’t a necessity, and if you’re on a budget, they aren’t on the “must have” list. I wanted something useful that wouldn’t break the bank. You know….something that doesn’t end up in the trash!
These decorated hand soap dispensers were perfect! They didn’t break the bank, and they didn’t take long to make.
Supplies Needed for these Bridal Shower Favors
- Liquid hand soap, lotion, or hand sanitizer in a tall thin bottle.
- Wedding Occasions Tulle with Glitter, Iridescent White, 6″ x 10yd. by Celebrate It
- Glass Pearl Strand, White, 8 mm by Darice
- Glue gun
Instructions for Easy Bridal Shower Favors
These are the easiest DIY shower favors EVER! With a short list of supplies that are easy to find, you can can make 10, 20, or even 30 of these in no time at all!
- Cut a 3″ piece of beading, and glue the ends together with a glue gun. You can use thick craft glue, but a glue gun is much quicker.
- Hang the beads over the pump, like it’s a necklace.
- Cut a 6″ x 6″ piece of tulle. With your fingers, gather the tulle 1″ – 1 1/2″ from one end.
- Put a large circle of glue where the pump meets the bottle, and stick the gathered section into the glue. To avoid burning your fingers, I held it in place with a pair of scissors until it cooled.
- A small ribbon rose, large pearl, or large rhinestone would have been really pretty where the tulle gathers. I didn’t think of it until I was putting them together though, and I didn’t have any.
I really wanted blue hand soaps to match the bridal shower theme, but I could only find pink, purple, and red. I mixed up the colors, so everyone could choose the scent they liked.
You could use hand lotion also. I had two of these leftover, so we put them in the bathroom at the reception. They were a nice touch instead of the plain soap dispensers.