If these little dachshunds don’t make the cutest card ever, I’ll eat my hat!
My pound dog passed away two years ago. I’m not ready for another dog yet, but when I am I want a miniature dachshund. Everyone on Facebook keeps posting pictures of them, and they are so sweet. I saw a gray one with black speckles, and it melted me heart…awww!
OK OK onto the card….
The adorable weiner dog stamps came from Oriental Trading Co. Did you know they had stamps and scrapbooking supplies? This is a large sheet of stamps, and they were less than $5.00. What a deal!
Supplies for Dachshund Card
- Tuxedo Black Momento Ink
- Dachshund Love Stamps
- Tiny heart stamps
- Water colors and brushes
- Light Pink ink
- Light pink liquid pearls by Ranger
- 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ Light Pink Card Stock
- 5 1/4″ x 4″ Brown Card Stock
- 5″ x 3 3/4″ Smooth Water Color Paper
Instructions for Dachshund Card
- Using the Momento ink, stamp the dachshunds on the water color paper.
- Color the dogs with water colors. I actually used rubber stamping ink. Let dry.
- Stamp small hearts in the background.
- Assemble the card using Scrapbooking Adhesive.
- Add dots and hearts with the Liquid Pearls.
I’m fairly new to water coloring, and I wasn’t sure that I liked how it looked at first. With those sweet pups, how can you not love this card?
This is a sweet Valentine’s Day Card, but it could be for other occasions too. I can’t wait to use the other stamps in this set!