My Cricut has saved me so many times! I recently had a friend contact me about Birthday Party Invitations for her daughter. She wanted a kitten birthday party, but she was having trouble finding invitations.
A quick look on Pinterest, and I found several Cricut kittens that I could use. The sweet Cricut Kitten that she chose is on Kate’s ABC’s Cricut Cartridge.
Since I have Cricut Access for my Explore, this Cricut Kitten was one of the many free images with the subscription. It’s a cute one too, especially when you add the grass, flowers, and butterfly.
I found Cloud designer paper from Stampin’ Up in my stash, and I thought it worked great. This card would also make a cute Birthday Card or Thinking of You Card.
Materials Used To Make Cricut Kitten Invitations
- 2 3/4″ Cricut Cat from the Kate’s ABC’s Cricut Cartridge*
- 1 3/4″ “You’re Invited” from the Paper Lace Cricut Cartridge*
- 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ Blue Cardstock for the base
- 5 1/4″ x 4″ Brown Card stock for a mat
- 5″ x 3 3/4″ Cloud Paper from Stampin’ Up
- Orange, Yellow, and Turquoise Stickles
- Glue Pen
- Scrapbook adhesive If you’re confused about what kind of adhesive to use, read Card Making and Scrapbooking Adhesive
*If you don’t have the Cricut Explore, you will need the actual cartridge. If you have the Explore, I have included a link to the cut file at the bottom of this post.
- Fold the card base in half.
- Using scrapbook adhesive, attach the brown mat to the card. Then, attach the cloud paper to the brown mat.
- Using a glue pen, assemble all of the pieces for the butterfly, cat, and “You’re Invited”. When I designed this project, I didn’t realize that there were so many pieces to the “You’re Invited”. It’s 9 pieces!! I only made six invitations, so it wasn’t so bad, but if I was making 20, I would have definitely redesigned it.
- Attach all of the pieces to the card, using my sample as a guide.
- To finish the card, add Stickles to the flowers, cat collar, and butterfly.
- You can either print the invitation information for the inside on your computer or use and Invitation Stamp.
Here is another Cricut Cat project that you might like.
CRICUT EXPLORE CUT FILE TO MAKE THIS PROJECT