I’m so fortunate to only have a 7 minute commute to work, all on back roads. I have some of the most beautiful Maryland scenery to enjoy to and from work every day. I often see bald eagles, momma deer with their fawns, and fields of sunflowers.
In honor of the sunflowers that will soon be in full bloom, I have a Sunflower Card using a stamp from Simply Stamps.
This post is sponsored by Simply Stamps. All opinions are my own.
Since I’m in Maryland, this stamp could also pass as a black eyed Susan, which is our state flower. I also colored it pink and made a beautiful daisy card a few months back. What a versatile stamp.
Supplies Needed for Sunflower Card:
- 5 1/2” x 11” Yellow card stock
- 5” x 5” Green card stock
- 4 ¾” x 4 3/4” Sunflower patterned paper
- Fancy Circle cut from yellow card stock – I used a Spellbinders Die to cut my
- 2 ¼” x 3 ½” White card stock
- 2 ½” x 3 ¾” green cardstock
- Sunflower Stamp by Simply Stamps
- Black Ink
- Copic Markers
- Corner punch
- Green Rhinestones
- Green ribbon
- Green and clear glitter glue
- Scrapbook Adhesive
- Foam dots
- Fold the yellow cardstock in half to create the card base.
- Use the corner punch to punch fancy corners in the white cardstock, green cardstock, and sunflower patterned paper.
- Stamp the sunflower on the white card stock in black ink. Color with Copic Markers
- Attach the white cardstock to the green mat.
- Attach the sunflower paper to the green mat and attach to the card base.
- Attach the fancy circle to the center of the sunflower paper.
- Wrap the green ribbon around the layers with the sunflower paper and tie into a bow to the left side of the card.
- Use foam tape to attach the sunflower to the card.
- Add three green rhinestones to the left of the sunflower.
- Add clear glitter glue to the flower and green glitter glue to the leaves and stem.
Looking for more card ideas? Here are some great resources.
- All Free Paper Crafts has pages and pages of handmade cards.
- Learn to Make Handmade Cards by P.S. I Love You Crafts
- Handmade Christmas Cards by P.S. I Love You Crafts
- How to Use Rubberstamps by P.S. I Love You Crafts
- Cricut Birthday Cards by P.S. I Love You Crafts
Guide to Adhesives
Get your FREE guide to Scrapbooking, Card Making, and Paper Crafting Adhesives.
I will tell you which adhesive brands I use, which ones work for certain materials, and which ones are a waste of money.
Seven pages of tips and where to buy the best that the industry has to offer.