Hello! Hello! Hello! We’re in the middle of this crazy thing called summer, but it’s a beautiful day here on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Today I have a card using the Serene Silhouettes Stamp Set from Stampin’ Up.
I’ve had a great summer so far. I had some health problems the past two summers, and didn’t really do much. I’m trying to make up for lost time. My little garden is looking great, and the landscaping around my house is coming along nicely. The hubby and I have plans for more yard and house projects through the rest of the summer and fall, so I will continue to stay busy!
It’s hard to squeeze in crafting time when the weather is so nice, and there’s so much fun stuff to do outside. I have made some cards though, and I wanted to share this one with you today.
If you’re new to Making Cards, visit Learning To Make Handmade Cards.
How to Make this Serene Silhouettes Card
Someone has asked me to make them some blank note cards cards, and I think I will use this design. They go together quickly, and I think they will be perfect.
Paper Sizes For This Card
- 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ Dark Pink Cardstock for the base of the card
- 5 1/4″ x 4″ Light Pink Cardstock Mat
- 5″ x 3 3/4″ White Cardstock backround
- 2 3/4″ x 2 1/4″ White Cardstock to stamp your design
- 3″ x 2 1/2″ Dark Pink Cardstock to mat your design
- 2″ x 4″ Light Pink Cardstock for the Pennant shape in the center of the card
I used the Serene Silhouettes Stamp Set and Beautiful Wings Embosslits to make this Stampin’ Up Card. The paper and ink colors are Rose Red and Pink Pirouette. Are you new to rubber stamping? Read How To Use Rubber Stamps for helpful tips and to get started.
I made the textured background with the Cuttlebug and a Damask Embossing Folder.
It’s really helpful when your Mom is a Stampin’ Up demonstrator. I have a lot of inks, but I don’t always have all the paper colors that I need. Having her nearby makes it easy to pick out papers that match my inks.
I hope you’re enjoying your summer too and finding time to relax with a crafty project.
- Butterfly Birthday Card by P.S. I Love You Crafts
- Harry Potter Card by P.S. I Love You Crafts
- Cricut Graduation Card by P.S. I Love You Crafts
- Wild Rose Studio Cards by P.S. I Love You Crafts
- Baby Elephant Card by P.S. I Love You Crafts
Beautiful! It looks amazing! Pinned. Please come and party with us tonight. We love having you! http://loulougirls.blogspot.com
Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls