Planning a wedding is a time consuming and stressful activity. You want everything to be Pinterest perfect. This time last year, my daughter and I were scrambling to get everything done for her Memorial Day weekend wedding. The wedding favors got put off until the last minute.
This post was sponsored by Simply Stamps. All opinions are my own.
There is so much to coordinate. You want the perfect venue, dress, and flowers. Weddings are different than when I got married almost 30 years ago. Weddings now have themes. They can be beachy, rustic, nautical, vintage, shabby chic, or modern.
After all of the wedding vendors are chosen, small details like wedding favors are often left until the very last days before the big event.
We had already come up with an easy bridal shower favor, so here is an easy personalized wedding favor that can be used with a variety of wedding themes.
Simply Stamps features a wonderful variety of personalized wedding rubber stamps. They are awesome for personalizing DIY wedding favors. After the wedding, the stamp can be used on the envelopes of the thank you notes.
- Linen or Muslim drawstring bags – Choose a bag that is a very little texture. You want a smooth surface for stamping.
- Archival Dye Ink – I used Tuxedo Black by Memento
- Personalized Wedding Stamp from Simply Stamps
- Candy to fill your bags
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PERSONALIZED WEDDING FAVORS
- Ink your stamp really good, making sure all of it is covered. You may want to practice on paper before stamping on your bag.
- Lay your bag on a flat surface, and make sure it is wrinkle free before stamping.
- Apply even pressure on entire stamp so you get a nice imprint.
- Add candy to your bag.
I told you it was easy. If you’d like the favors to match your wedding colors, choose white or off white bags and different colored ink. If someone in your family sews they could even make bags for your wedding favors that were the perfect size and color.
You can fill your bags with other treats besides candy. Here are a few ideas.
- Tea lights
- Mini jars of jelly
- Lip balm
- Essential Oils
- Flower Seeds
You won’t need to spend a small fortune making these easy wedding favors, and after the wedding day, guests will have a nice memento of the love shared by the happy couple.
Need more ideas? Find tons of DIY Wedding Projects at FaveCrafts.
Leave a Reply