Summer cookouts are a wonderful time to celebrate your love for America. There’s nothing better than a three day weekend to show your patriotism. Here are some ides for adding a bit of red, white, and blue to your next patriotic party.
Thank You Simply Stamps for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.
Supplies Needed for Patriotic Party Decorations
• Freedom is Not Free Stamp
• Navy Craft Ink
• Red Cardstock
• Navy Cardstock
• White Cardstock
• Patriotic Printed Scrapbook Paper
• Silver Stickles Glitter Glue
• Scrapbook Adhesive
• Scissors or paper trimmer
- Stamp the Freedom Is Not Free on white cardstock using navy ink.
- Using scissors or a paper trimmer, cut out your stamped image.
- Cut a piece of red cardstock slightly bigger than your stamped image to make a mat. Attach them with scrapbook adhesive.
- Use Navy cardstock and Patriotic patterned paper to create a pennant or flag. These can be any size, depending on how you’re going to use them.
- Add silver glitter glue accents.
- Attach your pennant to a popsicle stick, dowel, or skewer.
You can use this great patriotic stamp to make BBQ invitations, bands for your napkins, pennants to go in your condiments, and tents marking the food. Use your imagination and a few craft supplies to create a memorable cook out theme.
To make the band for the plastic utensils, neatly fold a white napkin around the plastic ware. Then cut a 6″ x 2″ strip of navy cardstock. Add a piece of 5″ x 1 3/4″ star patterned paper on top.
Wrap the papers around the utensils and adhere in the back with a glue dot. Crease the paper on the sides, so it lays flat. Using Pop Dots, add the Freedom Is Not Free. Trim the white cardstock in silver glitter and set it aside to dry.
If you’re making lots of these, it’s easiest to make them in batches. Do all of the cutting at one time, then the stamping, etc.
I also made a Patriotic Invitation perfect for a backyard barbecue, or military Welcome Home Party.
Here are the paper measurements:
- 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ White card stock for card base
- 5 1/4″ x 4″ Navy card stock for mat
- 5″ x 3 3/4″ Red card stock for background. I use the Cuttlebug to add the embossed background.
- 3″ Navy star cut from the Cricut. I added the embossing with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Folder.
If you’re new to card making, How To Make Handmade Cards will help you get started.
I hope you will try these easy patriotic decorations for your Independence Day cook out this summer. There are so many other times throughout the year that we can celebrate being Americans. Memorial Day, Flag Day, Patriot’s Day, and Veteran’s Day are all great occasions for making patriotic crafts.
Leave a Reply