Hi everyone! Lyne from Lynn’s Everyday Ideas here. I’m so honored that Pam has let me join you again. Today I will share some tips for making a scrap lifted page your own. We all see pages we like, but don’t want to directly copy right!??
So here’s my inspiration piece. Anne posted her creation on the Felicity Jane scrapbook group, and I thought it would be a perfect way to use of some of my scraps from the same kit. How would I make it my own though!?
The first thing I did differently was use different accent pieces along the top. I had the same black piece, but I placed it the opposite way. I also used a different size photo. Have the photo placed slightly further down the page also gives it a subtly different look.
Obviously my embellishments are different also, but I think the biggest thing that sets my layout apart is the strip of washi. I placed the washi at the bottom to give my title a place to sit. If the title didn’t have a place to rest it would have looked like it was floating in space.
I think you can tell where my inspiration came from, but I hope I also gave you some ideas of how to make a scrap lift your own.
- Using Scraps to Make a Wedding Layout by Lynn’s Everyday Designs
- Simple Scrapbooking Ideas for Quick Pages by Day to Day Adventures
- Nautical Scrapbook Layout by The Inspiration Vault
- Christmas Scrapbook Layout by P.S. I Love You Crafts
- How to Make a Scrapbook Album by P.S. I Love You Crafts