This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GladeHolidayCheer #CollectiveBias
I can’t believe that the holidays are upon us. Once October gets here, the days and weeks seem to fly by, and before we know it the New Year is here.
Us ladies want everything to be magazine perfect, cramming all of the fun and excitement into just a few short weeks. We want to bake beautifully decorated sugar cookies like the ones we see on Pinterest, and we want to be the envy of the neighborhood with spectacular outside decorations.
We want to have the first place float in the town parade, and we want to go caroling. Between all of those fun activities, we want to host drool worthy dinner parties that are memorable for all of the guests.
We need more TIME! I can’t help you with the time, but I can help you set a gorgeous table for a classy holiday dinner party.
Sweet Holiday Smells
There are smells that transport us back to the fun memories of holidays past. My local Kroger has a well stocked display of Glade® Limited Edition Holiday Fragrance PlugIns® Air Fresheners, Jar Candles, and Automatic Sprays.
One of my favorites is the smell of a live Christmas Tree. Take a shortcut, and get the same rich fragrance by spraying Glade® Tree Lighting Wonder™ aerosol air freshener throughout your house before your guests arrive. Even if your decorations aren’t real, you can make people think that they are with the the scent of spruce, fir, cedar, eucalyptus, and lavender.
Light a Glade® Cozy Cider Sipping™ Jar Candle in your dining area so that it smells of apples, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
The other holiday scents offered by the makers of Glade® are Candy Sprinkling Joy™ and Frosting with Love™. You can get them in jar candles, aerosols, and PlugIns® air fresheners to make your whole house smell like heaven throughout the entire month of December and into 2018.
Be on the lookout for Glade® Holiday Limited Edition Fragrances on display at your local Kroger Store now!
Place Card Party Favors
Hostesses like to add personal touches to make all of their guests feel special. A sweet memento at each table setting for the guest to take home will help them savor the time that you spent together.
Make these gold glitter monogram place cards to put at each spot on the table.
- Clear ball with flat bottom and slotted top
- Gold Glitter
- Decoupage Medium or clear glue thinned down with water
- Paint brush
Remove silver cap from the top of ornament, and paint the ball with a heavy coat of decoupage medium or glue and water.
While the decoupage medium is still wet, cover the ball with glitter.
Let dry and put the caps back on the ornaments.
Add cardstock name cards. They can be handwritten, printed on the computer, or made with a craft cutting machine.
This is a beautiful touch to a classic holiday table setting, and adds a personal touch.
Tips for Setting a Classic Holiday Table
- Add personal touches like a handwritten note or personalized place card.
- Make sure your centerpiece isn’t too tall. You want guests to be able to talk without ducking around it.
- Stick to one color pallette, whether it’s traditional or more modern. Ivory and gold, blue and silver, and red and black decorations are easy to find this time of year.
- You don’t have to spend a fortune to make a big statement. Dollar stores and discount stores have very pretty decorations. It’s all in the presentation.
- Don’t make the menu so complicated that you spend all of your time in the kitchen. You want to be able to enjoy your guests.
- When preparing for your dinner parties and doing your grocery shopping, don’t forget to stock up on Glade® Limited Edition Holiday Fragrances.
Leave a Reply