Happy New Year!!! I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m looking forward to starting a new year. The turning of the calendar brings renewed energy and big expectations. I try not to make New Years Resolutions, since I usually break them by my birthday, which is January 4th.
Instead of resolutions, I’m going to make a list of goals this year. Goals sound more “do-able”, and I think I’m more likely to stick to them. Here’s my list of goals:
- High on my priority list is mastering my new Cricut Explore. I got it for Christmas, and can’t wait to start creating with it. See a review on the Explore.
- Post to this blog 3 times a week. I love creating and sharing my craftiness, but I’m not always good about sharing my projects. It takes a lot of time and thought to write up the blog posts.
- I want to post more YouTube videos. I’ve done one video tutorial and a few other videos with Cricut tips. I thought writing blog posts was a lot of work, but doing videos is a lot harder and more time consuming. I’m hoping that the more I video, the easier it will get.
- I will craft on a more consistent schedule. I love crafting, but like everyone else I have trouble finding the time. I’ve already taken a major step making this goal happen. I have scheduled 7 weekend scrapbooking events for 2015. I get a lot accomplished when I dedicate 3 consecutive days to crafting. It makes it even more fun when I can enjoy it with my friends.
- Beginning in January, I’m going to redo my bedroom. My husband and I have a big bedroom with walk in closet and bathroom, that I love, but it needs some attention. It needs new windows, new paint, and we need a new mattress. I’m looking forward to having a “new” bedroom.
I need to lose a few pounds and eat healthier, and I will do my best to work on those things too! I already stopped drinking sodas in November. That was a huge step for me. I slipped up a few times during Christmas, but I’m working to get back on track and drinking more water and iced tea.
What goals have you set for 2015? Use your Cricut more? Clean out your craft room? Make your own cards? Catch up on your scrapbooks? I can inspire you this year. Please follow me on social media, sign up for my newsletter, and subscribe to get my new posts delivered to your in box.
I wish you and your loved ones a safe, happy, and healthy 2015.