2015 is coming to a close. It was a fun year for me and my family. I tried to spend more time with the ones I love, and I will continue to do the same in 2016.
Crafting is a big part of my life and is very therapeutic, so I spent more time crafting! When I work on a crafty project, it’s like taking a mini vacation. All of the stress and worry seems to melt away. More crafting, less housework for 2016! Who’s with me on this one????
I just peeked at my goals from 2015. It’s funny, because my goals for 2016 are similar.
Here’s what I wrote last year, and here’s what I want to do for next year (in bold).
- High on my priority list is mastering my new Cricut Explore. I got it for Christmas, and can’t wait to start creating with it. It took some time and lots of YouTube Videos to learn the Explore, but I can finally create with it. I LOVE my Cricut Expressions, but I think I might LOVE the Explore a little more!
- Post to this blog 3 times a week. I love creating and sharing my craftiness, but I’m not always good about sharing my projects. It takes a lot of time and thought to write up the blog posts. This is the hardest goal of all. I love to create, but it’s hard to write blog posts for all of my crafts. You have to take good photos, upload them, edit the photos, and write up instructions. It’s very time consuming. I’m going to try for 2 posts per week in 2016, since I love sharing what I make.
- I want to post more YouTube videos. I’ve done one video tutorial and a few other videos with Cricut tips. I thought writing blog posts was a lot of work, but doing videos is a lot harder and more time consuming. I’m hoping that the more I video, the easier it will get. This was a hard one, but I DID IT! The videos aren’t professional quality yet, but the more I do, the more I learn. I managed to get up to 160 subscribers, and I now have 21 videos. Go see my videos at P.S. I Love You Scraps.
- I will craft on a more consistent schedule. I love crafting, but like everyone else I have trouble finding the time. I’ve already taken a major step making this goal happen. I have scheduled 7 weekend scrapbooking events for 2015. I get a lot accomplished when I dedicate 3 consecutive days to crafting. It makes it even more fun when I can enjoy it with my friends. I knocked this one out of the ballpark. I made time for crafting in 2015. I already have weekend crops scheduled for 2016, setting myself up for MORE CRAFT TIME! To get the dates, visit the EVENTS page.
New for 2016!
- My website will be getting a new look in early 2016! I’m very excited about this. It will be a cleaner look and should speed up loading time for YOU!
- I want to share my craftiness on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. While it’s difficult to write a complete post for my website, it’s quick and easy to post a picture. I have been sharing not only things that I’ve made, but awesome hand painted ornaments from my super talented mother-in-law, and a rustic snowman made by a neighbor. Follow me! INSTAGRAM – psiloveyou_crafts TWITTER – @PamLarmore FACEBOOK – P.S. I Love You Crafts
- As I become more proficient using the Cricut Explore, I want to share more of those projects.
Do you have any crafty goals for 2016? I hope you do! Everyone needs a little glue, glitter, and paint in their life!
And here was my favorite project from 2015…..a super sweet Cricut Baby Card!
Sign up for my newsletter for lots of crafty information!