Today I have a handmade friendship card to share for my spot on the My Cricut Craft Room Design Team. It’s fun to send someone a card for no reason other than to thank them for being a friend and make them smile.
My Mom bought me the Country Life Cricut Cartridge last year for Christmas. Each year I put a few Cricut Cartridges on my wish list, and after Christmas, I treat myself to a couple with my Christmas money.
I don’t know why, but I haven’t used this cartridge much. It has some great die cuts on it, that I really like, but I guess I was always working on other themes.
While working on my Design Team Cards for My Cricut Craft Room, I saw that one of the themes was Girls. I picked that one right away, because I knew it would be easy! A few days later, I saw this watering can and flower on the Country Life Cricut Cartridge, and I knew that it was a perfect fit for the Girly theme.
How to make this Handmade Friendship Card
Supplies you will need:
- 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ white cardstock for the base
- 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of blue cardstock for a mat
- 5″ x 3 3/4″ piece of patterned paper for background
- 1 1/4″ – 1 1/2″ x 3 3/4″ piece of patterned or solid coordinating paper
- Border Punch
- 1″ “Smile” from the Walk In My Garden Cricut Cartridge
- 3 1/2″ Watering Can with Flower from the Country Life Cricut Cartridge
- Scrapbook adhesive
- Fold the 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2 card in half to make the card base.
- Attach the colored cardstock mat to the card base.
- Attach the patterned paper to the mat.
- Use the border punch to edge the strip of patterned paper. You can also use solid paper. The width of the paper will depend on how deep the border punch is. Some make a thin border, and other’s make a wide border.
- Add the strip with the punched borders to the bottom portion of the card leaving a 1/4″ space at the bottom.
- Add the watering can and flower and the “Smile”.
- I added turquoise Stickles glitter to the water coming from the watering can and a pink adhesive pearl to the center of the flower.
This is an easy card layout that can be use with any combination of patterned, solid, or embossed paper. You can use different Cricut die cuts and sentiments for any occasion. It’s so much fun surprising someone with a handmade friendship card. I hope you will make some too!
Sign up for my newsletter for lots of crafty information!
Guide to Adhesives
Get your FREE guide to Scrapbooking, Card Making, and Paper Crafting Adhesives.
I will tell you which adhesive brands I use, which ones work for certain materials, and which ones are a waste of money.
Seven pages of tips and where to buy the best that the industry has to offer.