A Handmade Baby Card is so much fun to make and also a welcome gift to new parents! From the pretty pastel papers and buttons to the sweet animal die cuts, they remind me of when my kiddos were babies…..and that was a LONG time ago!
A friend messaged me about making a Handmade Baby Boy Card for a shower with a Planes, Trains, and Automobiles theme. I immediately had an idea of what I wanted to make.
There’s something about a special request that really gets my creative juices flowing! However, if you’re the creative type, you know that turning an idea that’s in your head into an actual project is often a struggle. It took five hours to craft this Handmade Baby Card, but I absolutely love the result!
I thought it would be cool to personalize this Handmade Baby Card by putting the last name in the airplane banner. It took a lot of trial and error to get the sizes and placement of all of the shapes just the way I wanted them. When I was finished, I had a whole pile of die cuts that weren’t the right color, size, or were facing the wrong direction!
Supplies for this Handmade Baby Card
- 6″ x 12″ White Cardstock for the card base
- 6×6 Nana’s Boy Paper Stack by Die Cuts with a View
- New Arrival Cricut Cartridge
- Everyday Paper Dolls Cricut Cartridge
- Plantin Schoolbook Cricut Cartridge
- Baker’s Twin or DMC Floss
- Tiny Wiggle Eyes for giraffe
- 2 Buttons for Car Tires
- Tiny Stick On Gems for Train Wheels
- Tan Cardstock for train tracks
- Gray Cardstock for road
- Thin tip pen to make lines on road
- Light Green Stampin’ Up Ink for “Welcome Baby”
- Petite Label Punch by Stampin’ Up
- Welcome Baby Stamp from the Something to Celebrate stamp set by Stampin’ Up
If you’re looking for more Handmade Baby Card Ideas, visit: