A Handmade Baby Card is so much fun to make and also a welcome gift to new parents! From the pretty pastel papers and buttons to the sweet animal die cuts, they remind me of when my kiddos were babies…..and that was a LONG time ago!
A friend messaged me about making a Handmade Baby Boy Card for a shower with a Planes, Trains, and Automobiles theme. I immediately had an idea of what I wanted to make.
There’s something about a special request that really gets my creative juices flowing! However, if you’re the creative type, you know that turning an idea that’s in your head into an actual project is often a struggle. It took five hours to craft this Handmade Baby Card, but I absolutely love the result!
I thought it would be cool to personalize this Handmade Baby Card by putting the last name in the airplane banner. It took a lot of trial and error to get the sizes and placement of all of the shapes just the way I wanted them. When I was finished, I had a whole pile of die cuts that weren’t the right color, size, or were facing the wrong direction!
Supplies for this Handmade Baby Card
- 6″ x 12″ White Cardstock for the card base
- 6×6 Nana’s Boy Paper Stack by Die Cuts with a View
- New Arrival Cricut Cartridge
- Everyday Paper Dolls Cricut Cartridge
- Plantin Schoolbook Cricut Cartridge
- Baker’s Twin or DMC Floss
- Tiny Wiggle Eyes for giraffe
- 2 Buttons for Car Tires
- Tiny Stick On Gems for Train Wheels
- Tan Cardstock for train tracks
- Gray Cardstock for road
- Thin tip pen to make lines on road
- Light Green Stampin’ Up Ink for “Welcome Baby”
- Petite Label Punch by Stampin’ Up
- Welcome Baby Stamp from the Something to Celebrate stamp set by Stampin’ Up
If you’re looking for more Handmade Baby Card Ideas, visit:
Winnie the Pooh and Friends Baby Card
This is adorable! You definately nailed the theme.
Thanks so much Steph!
Such an adorable card. You are so creative with that Cricut.
Too Cute! I love all the details. I love seeing what you do with the Cricut. We miss you on PBR. Creative Blessings! ~Kelly
Thank you Kelly! I will stop in PBR soon.
This is so adorable! I have the Cricut Explorer which I mainly use for home decor projects. Seeing this sweet card of your remind me how much fun and quick it was making cards with the machine. Thanks for sharing.
I was addicted to card making when I got the Explore….it has only gotten worse! haha!!!
Oh My Gosh this is the cutest card ever!! Very creative and I love all the patterns. They all work so well together.
Thanks Julie! This is one of my all time favorites!