I’ve never realized the importance of Sympathy Cards until the past 6 months. My father passed away suddenly. Then my father-in-law passed away 3 months later.
My family received so many Sympathy Cards with wonderful messages about what wonderful men they were. I saved all of them. It was comforting to know that so many people were thinking of us and praying for us.
I was provided product and compensation for this post. All opinions are my own.
Sympathy cards aren’t one of my favorites to make. You have to balance them so that they are appropriate for the somber occasion, and sometimes that can be challenging.
Because the cards that were sent to me meant so much, I’m trying my best to make and send more of them.
Here’s an Easy Sympathy Card for you to make using a leaf and sentiment from Simply Stamps.
Supplies Needed for Easy Sympathy Card
- 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ Kraft Cardstock
- 5 1/4″ x 4″ Dark Brown Cardstock
- 5″ x 3 3/4″ Off White Cardstock
- 2″ x 3 3/4″ Dark Brown Cardstock
- Autumn Oak Leaf Stamp from Simply Stamps
- With Sympathy Stamp from Simply Stamps
- 3 3/4″ Piece of Tan Lace
- Scrapbook Adhesive
- Liquid Adhesive or glue dots for attaching the lace
- Stamp the leaves in dark brown and light brown on the Off White colored cardstock.
- Stamp With Sympathy in the lower right corner
- Fold the kraft colored card stock in half to make the card base.
- Using scrapbook adhesive, attach the dark brown mat to the card.
- Attach the leaf stamped cardstock to the mat.
- Using a border stamp, punch the dark brown strip and attach it the card.
- Attach the lace to finish the card.
Watch the video for additional instructions and for tips on card making. I hope you will give this easy sympathy card a try.