I love making cool backgrounds for my handmade cards. I recently got Distress Oxide Ink, and I LOVE how they blend. I’m looking forward to experimenting with more Distress Oxide techniques and colors.
Keep reading to see how I created this I Miss You! card using a sponging technique.
This post is sponsored by Wikibuy. All opinions are my own. Wikibuy carries a large selection of craft and card making supplies.
Supplies Needed for Distress Oxide Card
- Salty Ocean Distress Oxide Ink
- Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide Ink
- Inkadinkado Meadow Stamp Set
- Hot Pink Card Stock – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
- Black Cardstock – 5 1/4″ x 4″
- White Cardstock – 5″ x 3 3/4″
- EZ Runner Scrapbook Adhesive
- Craft Sponges
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Watch the Video to see how easy it was to make this card.
- Using the Distress Oxide Inks and craft sponges, dab the background.
- When you get a pattern that you like, splatter a little bit of water on it. This will create a really cool effect.
- Using black ink, stamp the flowers, butterfly, and sentiment on your card.
- Assemble the layers of your card, attaching them using the EZ Runner Scrapbook Adhesive.
I’m looking forward to getting more colors Distress Oxide Ink. This technique was so quick. I hope you’ll give it a try.
Guide to Adhesives
Get your FREE guide to Scrapbooking, Card Making, and Paper Crafting Adhesives.
I will tell you which adhesive brands I use, which ones work for certain materials, and which ones are a waste of money.
Seven pages of tips and where to buy the best that the industry has to offer.