A scrapbook page with a Cricut squirrel isn’t just for fall. With all of the projects that I have on this site that feature the Create A Critter Cricut Cartridge, I’m sure you’ve already guessed that it is one of my favorites!
You may usually think about squirrels being a fall animal, but here in Maryland, they are spunky all year long. This Cricut Scrapbook page looks more like spring or summer with the bright green and leafy tree and tree branch.
Supplies Needed to Make this Cricut Squirrel Scrapbook Page
- One 12×12 piece of patterned paper or solid cardstock for the background. I used a green dotted paper from Stampin’ Up. I really like using something with a small pattern or a texture for the background of scrapbook pages.
- 11″ x 4″ piece of patterned paper (trees).
- 1 1/2″ x 8″ piece of patterned paper (pink floral). Even though there is a little bit of pink in this scrapbook page, I think it could still be used for a boy.
- 1 1/2″ tree branch from the Create A Critter Cricut Cartridge
- 3″ Owl from the Create A Critter Cricut Cartridge
- 3″ Cricut Squirrel from the Create A Critter Cricut Cartridge
- 4 1/2″ tree from the Create A Critter Cricut Cartridge. Save some of the cut out leaves for the tree branch.
- Firefly Stickles
- Scrapbook Adhesive – I like to use EZ Runners tape adhesive
- Zig Glue Pen
- Foam tape or pop dots
If you have trouble choosing adhesives, visit Cardmaking and Scrapbooking Adhesives to learn about the different kinds and how they are used.
How to Make this Cricut Squirrel Scrapbook Page
- After you have cut the layers for the Cricut Squirrel, Owl, Tree Branch, and Tree, attach all of the pieces using a glue pen and set aside.
- Using Scrapbook Adhesive, attach your patterned papers to the 12×12 background papers, following the photo above for placement.
- Attach the tree branch and the tree to the page using tape runner adhesive.
- Use Pop Dots or foam tape to “pop up” the Cricut squirrel and owl. Ta daaa! You’re done!
This sweet Cricut Scrapbook Page is a pretty simple Cricut Project. All of the shapes are pretty big with only a little detail, making them easy to assemble. Create A Critter has lots of sweet animals that would go along with these. I hope you will try it out!
If you’re interested in more Scrapbook Pages for little ones, visit Baby Scrapbook Ideas.
Here are some more projects using the Create A Critter Cricut Cartridge.
Sign up for my newsletter for lots of crafty information!
Thank you Brenda!
I haven’t used that cartridges in ages! Super cute page.
I use it alot!
Such a great scrapbook page. We have squirrels here all year long running around the yard looking for something to eat. I have a pecan tree in my backyard, so they mostly have food and eat like kings! Hope you have a wonderful and happy New Year!
We only have one squirrel here, but he keeps us entertained.