I created this Cricut Dinosaur Card for My Cricut Craft Room. The theme today is Toddler. This smiling dinosaur from the Create A Critter Cricut Cartridge is perfect for a birthday, get well, or just to say Hello to your favorite toddler.
Supplies Needed To Make Cricut Dinosaur Card
The patterned papers that I used for this card are from the Birthday Bash Stack from Die Cuts With A View. The solid cardstock that I used for the dinosaur are from Bazzill Basics.
- 8 1/2″ x 5.5″ piece of cardstock for the base. I usually use a solid color, but this time, I found a piece of thick patterned paper that I really liked. It is light green with small pale yellow embossed, glittered dots.
- 4″ x 2″ piece of patterned paper. On my card, this is the striped paper. You can see it in the photo, but some of the stripes are foil.
- 3 1/2″ Circle – I cut mine using the George and Basic Shapes Cricut Cartridge. I use it often to cut circles to just the right size. When using the Expressions, you can cut circles in 1/4″ increments.
- 4″ Dinosaur cut from the Create A Critter Cricut Cartridge.
- Border Punch – Mine is a dotted scalloped border punch from Martha Stewart.
- Stickles Glitter Glue
- Scrapbook Adhesive
Instructions to Make This Cricut Dinosaur Card
This is a very simple card layout. You can easily adapt this card by using any animal and other coordinating papers. It’s a great card for beginners!
- Fold the 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ piece of cardstock in half to make the base.
- Using the border punch to make an edge on the 4″ x 2″ piece of paper. Use scrapbook adhesive to attach it toward the bottom of the card base.
- Attach the circle, slightly overlapping the rectangle that you already attached.
- Attach the dinosaur using Pop Dots or dimensional tape. If you don’t have Pop Dots, you can use regular adhesive. Pop dots raise the Cricut Dinosaur off of the card to give it a bit of dimension.
- To finish the card, I added bright yellow, and grasshopper Stickles glitter glue.
The Create A Critter Cricut Cartridge is my favorite cartridge. There is also a Create A Critter 2 Cartridge. Both have lots of fun animals, sayings, and extras for creating fun Cricut Projects. Get all of the latest cartridges at the Cricut website. Many are on sale!
Do you want to see more cute cards for kids? Visit these:
Sign up for my newsletter for lots of crafty information!
Guide to Adhesives
Get your FREE guide to Scrapbooking, Card Making, and Paper Crafting Adhesives.
I will tell you which adhesive brands I use, which ones work for certain materials, and which ones are a waste of money.
Seven pages of tips and where to buy the best that the industry has to offer.