This Minnie and Mickey Mouse die cut captures the Magic of Disney, and I used them to make a great Handmade Card.
Whether you are 8 or 80, this Cricut Card featuring a Minnie and Mickey Mouse die cut will surely make you smile. Their playful hug is sweet enough to give anyone the warm fuzzies. Mickey and Minnie have been around for years, and they are still the most popular cartoon characters. This fun card could be used for lots of occasions. I left the inside blank until I choose the recipient, but I can’t wait to give it to someone.
How to Make this Cricut Card Featuring a Minnie and Mickey Mouse Die Cut
- 5″ x 10″ piece of white cardstock for the card base. Because this is a larger card, you will want a heavy weight paper for the base. Otherwise, it won’t stand up.
- 4 3/4″ x 4 3/4″ piece of paper for the background. I chose a red glittered stripe, but you could use a solid color, embossed paper, glitter paper, or rubber stamped background.
- 2″ x 4 3/4″ piece of patterned paper (Mine has glitter dots.)
- 3″ x 4 3/4″ of solid cardstock to border the patterned paper. (Mine is black.)
- Border punch
- 4″ Minnie and Mickey Mouse die cut from the Mickey and Friends Cricut Cartridge
- Scrapbook Adhesive
- Fold the white cardstock base in half so that you have a 5″x5″ card.
- Attach the background paper.
- Using a border punch edge the 3″ x 4 3/4″ cardstock. I used a border punch from Stampin’ Up. It is very thin, but if you use a thicker border punch, you will need a wider piece of cardstock.
- Attach your patterned piece of paper to the paper with the borders, and attached them both to the card base. Because my background paper is glittered, I used glue dots so they will hold better.
- Attach the Minnie and Mickey Mouse die cuts to the card. I used pop dots to give the card some dimension.
- To finish the card, I added a little Fruit Punch Stickles Glitter Glue to Minnie’s bow and shoes.
The Disney Cricut Cartridges die cuts have lots of tiny pieces for the eyes and mouth for example. I cut this at 4″, and I don’t recommend cutting it any smaller. Because the Minnie & Mickey die cut is large, I really didn’t need a lot of embellishments. If you made the card 6″x6″, you would have room for ribbon, buttons, or other decorations. This is an odd size card, but fits into a 5 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ envelope.
Here are some more Disney Cards that you will enjoy:
Sign up for my newsletter for lots of crafty information!
LOVE your card, so cute! You’re right, people of any age love these two.
Thanks so much! I loved making this card.
Such an adorable card that yes you are right anyone of a any age would love to get 😉
Thank you. I can’t wait to give it to someone.
Linda Y (Threadbear)
Love your very cute card!!
Thank you! It wasn’t too hard to make either.
Love your Mickey & Minnie card! Beautiful colors; very beautiful card!
Thanks Tereasa….and thanks for stopping by!
This card is so Adorable!
Thanks Eileen! It was fun to make.
Super cute Mickey and Minnie card!
Thank you so much for stopping by!
This is just so adorable. Love the cutouts and card design.
Thanks Maggie! It was a pretty easy card to make.