My Cricut has saved me so many times! I recently had a friend contact me about Birthday Party Invitations for her daughter. She wanted a kitten birthday party, but she was having trouble finding invitations.
A quick look on Pinterest, and I found several Cricut kittens that I could use. The sweet Cricut Kitten that she chose is on Kate’s ABC’s Cricut Cartridge.
Since I have Cricut Access for my Explore, this Cricut Kitten was one of the many free images with the subscription. It’s a cute one too, especially when you add the grass, flowers, and butterfly.
I found Cloud designer paper from Stampin’ Up in my stash, and I thought it worked great. This card would also make a cute Birthday Card or Thinking of You Card.
Materials Used To Make Cricut Kitten Invitations
- 2 3/4″ Cricut Cat from the Kate’s ABC’s Cricut Cartridge*
- 1 3/4″ “You’re Invited” from the Paper Lace Cricut Cartridge*
- 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ Blue Cardstock for the base
- 5 1/4″ x 4″ Brown Card stock for a mat
- 5″ x 3 3/4″ Cloud Paper from Stampin’ Up
- Orange, Yellow, and Turquoise Stickles
- Glue Pen
- Scrapbook adhesive If you’re confused about what kind of adhesive to use, read Card Making and Scrapbooking Adhesive
*If you don’t have the Cricut Explore, you will need the actual cartridge. If you have the Explore, I have included a link to the cut file at the bottom of this post.
- Fold the card base in half.
- Using scrapbook adhesive, attach the brown mat to the card. Then, attach the cloud paper to the brown mat.
- Using a glue pen, assemble all of the pieces for the butterfly, cat, and “You’re Invited”. When I designed this project, I didn’t realize that there were so many pieces to the “You’re Invited”. It’s 9 pieces!! I only made six invitations, so it wasn’t so bad, but if I was making 20, I would have definitely redesigned it.
- Attach all of the pieces to the card, using my sample as a guide.
- To finish the card, add Stickles to the flowers, cat collar, and butterfly.
- You can either print the invitation information for the inside on your computer or use and Invitation Stamp.
Here is another Cricut Cat project that you might like.