You have may have noticed that I use the Create A Critter Cricut Cartridge A LOT! Those chunky animals are just too cute!!! They are sweet for making cards, scrapbook pages, party favors, and so much more!
Not only does the Create A Critter Cricut Cartridge have cute animals, but it also has great accessory shapes and phrases to go with the animals.
Using the Create A Critter Cricut Cartridge
To cut the animals, start by cutting a base in dark cardstock. To add the different colors, you will use the Layer 1, Layer 2, and Layer 3 keys. Each Layer key will cut a different part of the animal. If you use the Shift button, you will cut the other animal or other die cut on that key.
For example, the first key cuts a frog, dragonfly, lily pad, crown, and the Prince Charming phrase. (Page 21) Pressing ONLY the key, cuts the base for the frog. If you use the shift with that key, it cuts the base for the dragonfly.
I always cut the base in black, but any dark color would work. The only part of the black base that shows is the eyes and mouth.
By using the Layer keys, you can cut the frog’s belly, cheeks, and body in different colors. A lily pad and crown can be cut using the Accessory key, and the title “Prince Charming” can be cut using the phrase key.
When cutting a layered die cut, I always keep the book open so that I can refer to it.
Die Cut Shapes on the Create A Critter Cricut Cartridge
Here is a list of the shapes on Create A Critter. I have listed all of the critters, accessories, and words and phrases in that order.
- Frog, dragonfly, lily pad, crown, Prince Charming
- Owl, apple, branch, leaf, hoot
- Rabbit, carrot, flower, Easter basket, flower, Friends
- Bear, Bear balloon, present, Happy Birthday
- Pig, pennant flag, house
- Cat, whirly gig, party hat, cute house, Go Wild
- Birthday Snake, balloon, treat bag, Just You
- Chick, umbrella, rain boots, Rainy Day
- Squirrel, mushroom, acorn, Nuts About U
- Raccoon, pine cone, evergreen tree
- Puppy dog, dog bowl, bone, Ruff Ruff
- Dalmation, dog house, fire hydrant, fire badge
- Poodle, cupcake, purse, heart, Merci
- Mouse, camera, cheese, Say Cheese
- Cat, ball of yarn, pillow, Purrfect
- Penguin, igloo, fish, Just Chillin’
- Crab, sand castle, sea shell, Let’s Play
- Whale, jelly fish, star fish, Splash
- Octopus, sea horse, sea weed, Ahoy
- Fish, fish bowl, sea weed, coral
- Hippo, tulip, pond, marsh grass, Hip Hip Hooray
- Alligator, bird, grass, Smile
- Monkey, banana, jungle vine, Let’s Hang Out
- Zebra, flowers, leaves, purse, Fab
- Giraffe, kite, sunglasses, Hello
- Koala bear, heart shaped balloon, I Love You
- Dinosaur, volcano, bone, Fetch
- Dinosaur, jungle leaves, palm tree, fern leaves, Dinomite
- Sun, rainbow, heart, clouds, raindrops, Sunny Days
- Chick, egg, nest, leaf, So Cute
- Caterpillar, balloon, top hot, magic wand, Tada, starbursts
- Elephant, peanut, circus tent, So Fun
- Seal, beach ball, word balloon
- Lion, train, present, roar
- Panda bear, Chinese food, chopsticks, bamboo, Lucky
- Horse, sheriff’s badge, horse shoe, Howdy
- Cow, glass of milk, barn, word balloon
- Skunk, tree stump, leave, flower, Sweet
- Hedge hog or porcupine, lady bug, flower, bow, circle, scalloped circle.
- Fox, bonfire, teepee, Explore
- Turtle, butterfly, grass, double hearts
- Bird, snake, birdhouse, cloud, Tweet
- Ladybug, heart with wings, tulips, Love Bug
- Snail, mailbox, postage stamp, Love, Special Delivery
- Bumble bee, tree, bee hive, Busy
- Deer, butterfly, flowers, So Dear
- Turkey, Pumpkin, leaf, Gobble
- Lamb or sheep, moon with a stocking cap, clouds, stars, Sweet Dreams
- Beaver, wagon, log, Good Work
- Reindeer, Christmas lights, Christmas Tree, Joy
Here are some of the fun animals on the Create A Critter Cricut Cartridge. It may sound like a lot of work to assemble these creatures, but none of them have tiny pieces like some of the other cartridges. I use a glue pen to glue the pieces together. Some of them look great if you add wiggle eyes to them.
Visit the Cricut’s Blog to get more fun ideas, and Joy’s Life has a cute Turkey Wall Decoration for Thanksgiving using this cartridge.
If you get this cartridge, I’m sure it will become one of your favorites too! If you love it, you’ll also love Create A Critter 2.
Holy moly that’s a LOT of animals for one cartridge! Great value for what comes in it. These posts are so helpful for knowing exactly what comes on the cartidges.
Thanks Marie! I have more cartridge reviews coming soon.
Hi. I just bought this cartridge and made a Fox tonight. However my shadow layer expands around the edge of my fox. Do I just make the shadow size smaller to keep that from happening? I plan to experiment tomorrow but am looking for answeres online tonight. Thanks.
Cut the base of the fox (no shift or function buttons) in black. Then cut the other layers to go on top of it. You won’t need the shadow unless you want an extra layer.
I hope that helps. If you’re still having trouble, feel free to email me at email@example.com