This is Krista, the editor over at AllFreePaperCrafts.com. I am very excited to share with you a beautiful handmade card that is truly one of a kind. The Beautiful Blooms Accordion Fold Card from Heartfelt Creations is a horizontal fancy fold card that is just as much a work of art as it is a greeting card. With its floral decoration and impressive design, this card is a must-make if you want to impress anyone in your life.
Because you will be using a die cutting machine to make the pieces for this DIY card, this project is not as difficult as it looks. This is the perfect card to give in the spring or summer seasons, especially for those who love flowers and lots of sunshine. The dimension is incredible, especially the pretty flowers peeking up from the background. It’s a great choice for Mother’s Day, birthdays, or just because. So, let’s get started!
Materials from Heartfelt Creations:
- HCPC 3494 Delicate Asters PreCut Set
- HCD 725 Decorative Metal Fixtures Die
- HCD 726 Delicate Asters Die
- HCD 732 Decorative Flower Pot Die
- HCDP1 234 Daphne Paper Collection
- HCDP1 239 Majestic Morning Paper Collection
- 253731 Decorative Labels One
- 376182 Labels 1
- 031460 Opulent Ovals
- White Cardstock
- Mod Podge
- Distressed Ink
- Die Cutting Machine
- Cut 8 pieces of cardstock 4-1/2” x 3-1/2” for the frames and attach 4 of them together using 4-1/2″ x 1″ strips scored in the middle.
- On the back of the frames that you just assembled, mark the center of each frame and attach a 4-1/2″ x 1″ strip on each frame to hold the center frame. Once the glue has set, attach the second set of frames that you made to clean up the back.
- Next, cut 8 of the middle die in the Labels One set and attach to each side of the strips in the center of each frame making relief cuts half way through each strip so the center panel will twist in the desired direction.
- Complete the panels with Decorative Labels One die cuts and decorate as desired. Do not forget to add lots of flowers!
Find this project and more in our collection, Free Printable Crafts: 50 Handmade Card Ideas, Scrapbook Layout Ideas, and More Paper Crafts.