I rarely make 6×6 cards, but I should! I made this butterfly birthday card using a sketch from Simon Says Stamp. Since I wanted to have many layers, I knew I was going to need a bigger card.
I like the layout of his card. It really allows you to use lots of different patterned papers together. I used a retired paper pack from Stampin’ Up. The whole paper pack was the same color, but I wanted to add some accents. I paired it with black cardstock, and a little bit of olive green.
Butterfly rubberstamps are so popular right now. They are everywhere I look. The Birthday Wishes stamp is from the Inkadinkado Garden Party set. It’s one of those stamp sets that gets often.
I love these colors so they were really easy to work with. Bright pink and black always make a bold statement.
Supplies Needed for Butterfly Birthday Card
- Medium sized butterfly stamp
- Birthday sentiment stamp
- Black ink
- Circle and Scalloped Circle Spellbinder dies
- Black, white, and olive green cardstock
- Bright Pink printed paper
- Small light pink flowers
- Hot Pink adhesive rhinestones
- White brads
- Scrapbook adhesive
- Dimensional tape
If you would like to see more Birthday Cards, visit Handmade Birthday Cards.
- Harry Potter Cricut Card by P.S. I Love You Crafts
- Winnie the Pooh Card by P.S. I Love You Crafts
- Baby Elephant Card by P.S. I Love You Crafts
- Simply Stamps Daisy Card by P.S. I Love You Crafts
- Cupcake Birthday Card by P.S. I Love You Crafts
Guide to Adhesives
Get your FREE guide to Scrapbooking, Card Making, and Paper Crafting Adhesives.
I will tell you which adhesive brands I use, which ones work for certain materials, and which ones are a waste of money.
Seven pages of tips and where to buy the best that the industry has to offer.