I can not believe we’re to the part of summer where parents and kids are preparing for Back to School. For the first time in years, students don’t go back to school until after Labor Day in my area, but the shopping has already begun.
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking one of these links, I will receive a commission.
When I was a kid, I didn’t really look forward to going to back to school, but I loved getting new school supplies. Picking out a new Trapper Keeper (remember those???) made going back to school a little easier. That was before the days of strict supply lists of boring composition notebooks, dry erase markers, and #2 pencils.
Everyone needs some “fun” supplies to help make the transition from pool days and late bedtimes to doing homework and early mornings a little easier. Here’s a fun school set to make. Why not make a fun Back To School Craft with the kids before summer ends.
Supplies Needed for Back To School Craft
- Plastic pencil case
- A Duck Tape Sheet
- Exactly Knife
- Large Paper Clips
- Large Rhinestones
- E6000 Glue
Instructions for Back To School Craft
- Cut the Duct Tape Sheet to the size you need to cover your pencil case. Remove the backing from the sheet, and place it on your work table with the sticky side up. Lay the pencil case on top of it, making sure that it’s straight. The Duct Tape Sheets are very sticky, making it difficult to reposition if you don’t have it straight the first time.
- Fold the sheet around your pencil case, but don’t cover the flap.
- Trim the edges, if you have any of the sticky sheet hanging over.
- Using the X-acto Knife, cut a hole for the snap.
- Glue a rhinestone to the snap closure. Use a strong glue like E6000.
6. Choose two gems the same size, and glue them to the top of the paper clips, facing back to back. Let them dry.
Now you have a pretty set for organizing school pencils and papers. This would also make a fun set for a teacher gift.
If the kids aren’t allowed to have fancy supplies at school, they can still use them to keep their homework more smoothly.
I’m participating in a Bling On The Teachers Hop. I hope you will check out the other awesome Back to School Projects listed below.
- Painting and Hiding Rocks by P.S. I Love You Crafts
- Decorate a Pillowcase with Sharpie Markers
- Shaving Cream Art by P.S. I Love You Crafts
- Easy Mod Podge Project for Kids
- Felt Flowers for Home Decor