Here are some Baby Scrapbook Ideas to give you inspiration for preserving the precious memories of your sweet bundle of joy. Baby Scrapbook Layouts are some of the most popular among scrapbookers. Everyone wants to savor the memories of the birth of their little one with baby scrapbook layouts.
With great baby scrapbook page headers, beautiful paper, and a few ideas for creating baby scrapbook ideas, you can make a keepsake scrapbook album that will be treasured for years to come.
Getting Started on Your Baby Scrapbooks
- Gather your supplies and photos. Get prints made for any photos that you want to use.
- If you’re new to scrapbooking, visit How To Make A Scrapbook to learn the basics. There is a supply list for beginners and instructions for getting started.
- Find some inspiration. Visit my Scrapbook Layouts board on Pinterest or purchase a book like It’s All About Baby to get more ideas.
- Here’s a Creative Alternative to a Baby Book by Jessica. maybe you like this style better.
This Baby Scrapbook Idea is easy to copy. All you need is solid cardstock and a few different patterned papers. Add a few embellishments and your photos, and this page will be complete. I used patterned papers leftover from another project. Using a Martha Stewart Paper Punch, I added a scalloped border to one strip.
The acrylic tiles spelling out “Katiebug” are from Doodlebug Designs, and the flower die cuts are on the Cricut. The Cricut is wonderful for adding accents, borders, and shapes to your pages.
It’s a simple layout that leaves lots of room for photos.
Pregnancy Scrapbook Pages For Your Baby Scrapbook
You may want to include Pregnancy Scrapbook Pages among your Baby Scrapbook Layouts in your Baby Scrapbook Album. Here is a list of suggestions for photos to take for Pregnancy Scrapbook Layouts.
- Positive Pregnancy Test
- Reactions from friends and family when they learned of the pregnancy
- Mom’s first doctor visit
- Gender Reveal
- Month by Month photos of the pregnant belly
- History of Parents and Grandparents
- The nursery
- Baby Shower
- Birthing Classes
- Going to the Hospital
- Labor & Delivery
This adorable Christmas Scrapbooking Layout is perfect for a 5×7 photo of Santa and three sweet boys. I made the Ho Ho Ho title using the Pazzles Creative Cutter. You can make similar titles using the Silhouette Cameo or Cricut Explore or you can purchase a ready made title.
Baby Scrapbook Ideas for Baby’s First Year
There are events in Baby’s First Year that you will want to remember with a scrapbook page. Here is a list of highlights when you’ll want to make sure your camera is ready!
- First Bath
- Doctor’s and Nurses at the Hospital
- Mommy & Me
- Daddy & Me
- First Visitors
- Bath time
- First Smile
- First Food
- First Steps
- First Words
- First Vacation
- First Christmas (and other holidays….Halloween, Thanksgiving, Easter)
- Baptism or Christening
- First Birthday
Here is a great Baby Scrapbook Layout for a 5×7 photo. This layout features a photo of a 2 year old toddler girl. I used a variety of printed papers from Close To My Heart to create this simple Baby layout. It’s a wonderful layout to copy. If you change the papers, you could use it for any occasion.
Baby Scrapbook Layout Titles
Here is a list of Baby Scrapbook Page Titles to get you started.
- Baby Face
- Sweet Baby Boy
- Sweet Baby Girl
- Simply Perfect
- Cutie Patootie
- Special Delivery
- A Gift From God
- Heaven Sent
- Miracle Baby
- Our New Addition
- New Kid On The Block
- Bringing Home Baby
This Premade Baby Boy Scrapbook Page features blue and soft yellow. The rubberstamped bunny and the Cricut clothespin are perfect for this baby layout. The bunny is from Stampin’ Up, and the clothespin is from the New Arrival Cricut Cartridge. The border was made using a punch from Martha Stewart called Optic Dot. There is lots of room for photos! This layout would also be adorable in pink.
Tip: If you have trouble matching materials, purchase a Scrapbook Kit. They come in lots of different sizes. Many include patterned papers, stickers, die cuts, titles, buttons, and ribbon.
In addition to photos, you may want to add other momentos to your scrapbook. Here is a list of keepsakes that you may want to collect for your Baby Scrapbook.
- Baby Shower napkin and invitation, especially if it’s super cute like this Handmade Minnie Mouse Shower Invitation
- Baby bracelets
- Hospital Bill (You might be saying OUCH! now, but in 30 years, it will make for great conversation.)
- Bassinette Card from the hospital
- Greeting Cards
- Lock of hair after first haircut
- Baby bonnet
- Infant diapers (unused of course!)
- Infant socks
- Scraps from a beloved blankie or stuffed animal.
The Cricut and other die cutting machines are popular for decorating scrapbook pages and making titles. This one uses patterned papers, punches, and the Cricut.
I hope these baby scrapbook ideas were helpful. Good luck with your project and enjoy the creating process. You’re making something that will be cherished for years to come!