Oh how I love the smell of a newborn baby. There’s nothing quite like it. I got to hold a baby this week. Even though she wasn’t a newborn, she was so sweet and pretty with big brown eyes. Today I have a Baby Lamb Cricut Card to share that’s perfect for a baby girl.
This pretty little lamb is on the Create A Critter Cricut Cartridge. I can’t tell you how much I love that cartridge. It has so many great animals that are perfect for birthdays, boys, girls, Halloween, Christmas, and so much more.
I cut the base of the lamb in medium pink cardstock. Then the layers are cut out of white and medium gray. You will notice that the cardstock has a canvas texture. It’s from Bazzill Basics. I love their cardstock. It is a nice weight and cuts great on the Cricut. On my Cricut Expression, I use the following settings when cutting Bazzill:
- Speed – 5
- Pressure – 5
- Blade Depth – 5
I don’t have any trouble cutting it, and my blades last a long time. There are a few colors that don’t cut as well as others though. One of them is Crimson. I think it has to do with the density of the cardstock. It either doesn’t make a clean cut, or it looks like tiny threads on the edges. Very few of Bazzill’s colors do that though, and their Smoothie Cardstocks cut great.
Supplies Needed To Make Lamb Cricut Card
- 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ White Cardstock for the card base
- 5 1/4″ x 4″ green gingham patterned paper
- 5″ x 3 3/4″ pink striped patterned paper
- 3″ Cricut Lamb from the Create A Critter Cricut Cartridge
- Large scalloped oval cut from green gingham patterned paper, cut using the Spellbinders Nestabilities die
- Oval cherry patterned paper cut using the Spellbinders Nestabilities die
- 1 1/2″ pink flower
- 1/2″ white flower
- Small stick on green rhinestone
- Stardust Stickles Glitter Glue
- Scrapbook Adhesive
- Pop Dots or Dimensional Tape
- Glue Dots
Instructions for Assembling Lamb Cricut Card
- Fold the white cardstock in half to make the card base.
- Using scrapbook adhesive, attach the rectangular green gingham paper to the card base.
- Attach the pink striped paper to the green gingham paper.
- Center the scalloped oval in the center of the card and attach.
- Attach the oval to the center of the scalloped oval.
- Use the pop dots or dimensional tape to attach the lamb to the oval.
- Attach the flowers using glue dots.
- For a final touch add the stick on rhinestone to the center of the flowers.
- I used the scraps to decorate the inside, but I forgot to take a picture. You can see what I did in the video below.
Sign up for my newsletter for lots of crafty information!